Camp Nejeda Walkathon
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2018
SAVE THE DATE TO COME HOME TO CAMP NEJEDA...
Don't miss out! Mark your calendars for Camp Nejeda's 14th Annual Walkathon and Family Fun Day on Sunday, September 30, 2018! With your help, we know we can reach our fundraising goal of $115,000.
Walkathon guests will enjoy a picnic lunch, access to the zipline, archery course, boating on the lake, bounce house, arts & crafts, games and more. Relax, have fun and enjoy spending time with your Camp Nejeda family!
The funds raised by the Walkathon help Camp Nejeda to:
Hire professional nursing and medical staff
Maintain our 72-acre campus and update aging cabins and buildings
- Off-set nearly 50% of the cost of camp for ALL campers
- Provide more than $100,000 annually in Campership financial aid support to ensure that no child with type 1 diabetes is excluded from the Camp Nejeda experience for financial reasons
- Provide programming needs, update aging equipment, pay our awesome counseling staff who work tirelessly all summer to make our programs the amazing and empowering experience it is!
Our 2018 Walkathon registration website IS not OPEN at this time! Please check back 5/1/18
- Walk Participant (pay now) $30/pp and $5/kids age 10 years and under
- Walk Participant (pay later) Fundraise your registration fee (enter your credit card info - your card will be charged only if you do not raise a minimum of $30/pp)
- Virtual Walk Participant - Walk in spirit! Support camp from afar and pay no registration fee.
- Volunteer - Call the camp office to volunteer at the event and receive a credit to the Camp Nejeda Store!
Walkathon Event Schedule:
Registration 9:30 - 11:30 AM
Walk Annoucements 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM
Group Walk along Todd's Trail 12:15 - 12:45 PM
BBQ Lunch & Family Fun Day event 12:45 - 4:00 PM
Did you know that when you make a donation to Camp Nejeda, 83% of your donation goes to program expenses? You can feel confident your donation, no matter the size, will make an immediate impact for our campers and their families!
CAMP NEJEDA WALKATHON KICK OFF CAMP OUT & BONFIRE EVENT
Camp Nejeda is continuing the tradition of hosting our Walkathon Kickoff Camp Out and Bonfire event on the eve of the Walkathon. Last year Camp Nejeda hosted nearly 100 overnight guests for a special evening including ziplining, bounce house, games, dinner and a bonfire with songs, skits and s'mores! Overnight guests have the special priviledge of waking up at camp on Sunday morning to breakfast and a leisurely morning as their camp friends arrive for the big day! Space is limited - see the list of fundraising awards below. Click here to learn more about this special invitation-only event.
WALKATHON FUNDRAISING AWARDS
Note: Space is limited for overnight accommodations. Start fundraising today!
- RAFFLE PRIZES - Walk Participants receive 1 raffle ticket with their registration. Raffle tickets are earned for every $250 raised. Additional raffle tickets will be on sale during the event.
L.I.T. DIRECTOR LEVEL - Personalize a 6" x 6" paver with up to 3 lines of text on the Helmsley Health Center Patio.
- WATERFRONT DIRECTOR LEVEL 1,000 - includes one Helmsley Health Center Dorm Room (Sleeps 2-4 guests in two sets of bunk beds with shared bath)
PROGRAM DIRECTOR LEVEL $1,500 - includes the private Levison Cabin neear the lake with a full bath. (Sleeps 2 - could accommodate more with an air mattress)
- UNIT LEADER $2,000 - includes private Turrell Cabin overlooking hte lake with a screened porch and full bath. Sleeps (2-4 in one full bed and one futon)
SUMMER CAMP DIRECTOR $2,500 - Reserve your very own Camper Cabin (sleeps up to 13 includes half bath w/ sink and toilet)
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR LEVEL/TOP FUNDRAISER - A very special award for the top fundraiser! Receive a Camp Nejeda rental credit to host a birthday party or other event at Camp Nejeda and a Camper Cabin on the eve of the walk. (Contact Camp Nejeda for more details).
A very special thanks to our 2017 Walkathon SPONSORS and SUPPORTERS who helped raise almost $100,000 in support of Camp Nejeda's programs for children and teens with type 1 diabetes!