Professional Development Programs
at Camp Nejeda
The Camp Nejeda Foundation is pleased to offer "Managing Diabetes in Children" educational seminar for nurses. The seminar includes the following objectives:
- Pathophysiology of Type 1 Diabetes
- Basal/Bolus Insulin
- Traditional insulin administration
- Rationale of carbohydrate counting
- Utilizing advanced features of "smart pumps" efficiently
- Assisting in insulin dose adjustments as needed
- Recognizing causes, treatments, and prevention of DKA and hypoglycemia
- Recognizing and preventing complications in the overall healthcare of the child with diabetes
- Introduction to Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Type 2 Diabetes in children
This program typically has approval by the American Association of Diabetes Educators, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation, for 4.5 contact hours.
For more information about the program call our office at 973-383-2611 or email email@example.com.